About two weeks ago, a local photographer in Portland has been writing every evening what she was thankful for, for the day as her status. And it really made me think I really need to start my grateful journal again! Well, I decided I'm going to do it here! Get my thoughts out! Plus I need something to keep me writing on my blog more often!
So once a week, on Friday's I'll be posting what I was/am thankful for! I want to be able to look back at these posts, and smile. To remind me of the tough times I went through, or the amazing times, to remind me of the small things in life, to remind me to be more appreciative of everything! We shouldn't only be thinking about what we are thankful for only on Thanksgiving. I think it should be a daily thing! It makes me, at least, to be able to look at things on the brighter side, and stay positive!
On Thanksgiving a friend of mine had this quote up on his facebook wall. I loved it so much, I copied it too! I'm going to post it again for you as well!
"God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?"So here is what I am thankful for this week:
- thankful for skype - the ability to chat and video with family and friends in a different state/country at any moment of the day, well....I basically LOVE it!
- thankful for that the sun came out this week and we have had some the beautiful weather.
- thankful for support and words of encouragement from friends and family.
- thankful for quiet time
- thankful for the ability to purchase a new camera today ;)
- thankful and excited that my re-branding is in full gear and has started today!
- thankful for my Italy workshop friends! love the fact that we our friendships are only continuing to grow and that we are constantly there for each other!
Since every post needs a picture, here are some pictures that I took of some lovely tulips. There is a Tulip Festival here in Oregon. I went on the coldest day possible I think, but got a few great images! Enjoy and hope you have a wonderful weekend!
ps. What are you thankful for this week?!