Sunday, October 19, 2008

Thoughts in Life

Written by: Ruth Hategan ...A dear friend of mine....We both have been going through the same things lately...and everything she wrote is what I have been feeling lately too....So I asked if I could share this...


Every one of us has our own problems and struggles in life. We have sunny days and cloudy/rainy days. Some live what seems like the “perfect” life and others are struggling and dreading to wake up the next day. We deal with work, school, family and many times our crazy and busy lives lead us to be stressed and despaired and scared. There are so many hopeless people out there who have completely lost hope in everything. I’ve talked to people who are depressed and sad but you wouldn’t think that from the outside looking in. We are good at pretending everything is fine and dandy although we really hurt inside and we don’t know what to do. We are so busy and caught up in the moment, we forget about the most important person, GOD. We forget that he is the one who needs to be in control of our life, we forget he is the one who can relieve our pain, we forget we forget we forget. We sometimes go on searching for something, just something that can fill a hole or emptiness or loneliness in our aching hearts. We look for things that we THINK will satisfy us or make us the happiest person on the planet. Money, toys, cars, and even boyfriends/girlfriends, etc. When we finally get what we thought would give us joy, it turns out, that we are not much happier than before we got it. Its like a little kid at Christmas who is all excited about a new toy he just got, after a few days, he’s bored with it and wants something else. I’ve been on this search myself and I was looking for something to make me happier, to fill an emptiness that I had in my heart. I didn’t really know what I was looking for to make me happy. I’ve finally realized the ONLY thing that can fill this emptiness or make you happy is God. Psalm 37:4 says “ Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.” He can give you happiness and joy, He can heal any pain, solve any problem, because nothing is impossible for God. So many times, I felt as if God wasn’t there with me, wasn’t listening to my prayers, and I was mad and frustrated. I was losing hope, and felt like giving up and trying to control my own life. I didn't realize one thing: Why should God make time for me and give me everything I want if I didn’t make time for Him? Why? God gives us so much more than we deserve and we neglect Him. We forget to thank Him, we forget to spend time with Him, because our schedules are jammed packed with such important things, we think, are much more important than He is. If we give more time to God, we will begin to see changes in our lives and prayers being answered. We can go to God with any problems we have, and even secrets we don’t want anybody knowing, because God does listen. I’ve been realizing more and more how important it is to give God some of your time everyday. God is with you ALL THE TIME. It's so relieving knowing that someone is there for you everyday, every hour, every minute, every second. You’re never alone. It’s hard to believe because you can’t see Him, but its true. I’ve been listening to John Mark’s lessons (from Solid Rock Church in Beaverton), which btw you don’t have to live here to listen to them, you can listen to them online at www.ajesuschurch.org, but they have been speaking to my heart and they are such an encouragement. I’m realizing more and more everyday that God is the only answer to a happy and successful life. Go to Him with anything that’s on your heart, He listens even though he might not respond when you want Him to. Just don't lose hope.

Psalm 35:15, 17-18
15. The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and His ears are open to their cry.
17. The righteous cry, and the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
18. The Lord is near to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

No comments: